音標：[ zhōngxī ]
- The mid-west is the granary of the u.s .
- The new design compromises the merits of chinese and western styles .
- He rebuked midwestern senators who had voted against the tariff bill .
- The town has existed for a long time in this part of the mid-west .
- He had been born in the aristocracy of the wealthy midwestern family .
- "the midwest," said william allen white, "is on the rampage again. "
- Jews in the midwest were probably not keen about advertising their affiliation .
- There was still acute unrest in the farm areas, especially in the western middle west .
- After the winona address, midwesterners were certain that taft had deserted to the old guard .
- It was a period of muddy thought and marked the decline of higher education in the middle west .