音標：[ chàyīdi?nr ] 讀音:"差一點兒"怎麼讀
- He came within an inch of being killed .
- The car missed me by inches .
- I am used to high quality and wo n't take second best .
- "this is the end of me," i thought. "to come so close… "
- A pistol should have burst in your hand, and you escape without the loss of a limb, if not of life .
- She ( only ) just caught the train with one minute to spare
- She missed the first prize by a whisker
- I ' m used to high quality and won ' t take second - best
- The child came within an ace of being drowned
- His revenge would have been complete indeed