1.（比較長的一段時間）time; times; days:當時at that time; in those days; 古時 ancient times; 生不逢時be born in the wrong time; 盛極一時be in fashion for a time; be all the rage at the moment
短語和例子3.（計時單位）hour:報時 announce the hour; give the time signal; 從十時到十二時 from 10to 12;上午九時at 9 o'clock in the morning; at 9 a.m.; 鐘已報時。the clock struck the hour.
4.（季節）season:不違農時 not miss the farming season; do farm work in the right season; 時菜 delicacies of the season; 四時the four seasons; 應時瓜果fruits of the season
短語和例子6.（當前；現在）current; present; 時下 at present
7.[語言學]（時態）tense:現在/過去，將來/時the present [past, future]tense
8.（時辰）a period of two hours:子時11 p.m.to 11 a.m.; 丑時 1 a.m. to 3 a.m.
9.（姓氏） a surname
短語和例子Ⅱ副（時常；經常）now and then; occasionally; from time to time; 時在出現 occur now and then; 時有信來 letters sent here frequently; 學而時習之 learn and constantly review what one has learned
Ⅲ連（疊用，表示不同的現象或事情交替發生）now...now...; sometimes...sometimes...: 時斷時續 on and off; 時快時慢 sometimes fast, sometimes slow; 時起時伏 now rise, now fall; have ups and downs; 心情時喜時憂 have changing moods, now gay, now gloomy; 天氣時熱時冷。the weather is now hot, now cold.; it is sometimes hot and sometimes cold
- He had made passes at her in moscow .
- We happened to arrive there in the rainy season .
- Mother works economic advantages accrue .
- My waking character is far from sound .
- The film was already on when we arrived .
- The farm came to him on his father 's death .
- The horse perked up its head when i shouted .
- At twilight, the sky was suffused with color .
- She always gets the better of our quarrels .
- I was going to stop here and now .