- He came plodding to the inn door .
- With slow but ponderous strides he entered the market place .
- Tired and hungry, but happy, the boys trudged home .
- He clumped after her, up the stairs, into his barren office .
- I 4 ) trudged home after school with my mind working overtime
- On the pavement outside they shook hands silently , as though swayed by a mutual sense of fraternity . then they turned their backs on one another and went crawling off in opposite directions
- Mrs chambers held the gate and wished her ladyship a happy holiday . the car slipped out of the dark spinney that masked the park , on to the highroad where the colliers were trailing home