音標：[ ɑ:m ] 讀音:用"arm"造句"arm"怎麼讀
- His arms were tied together behind his back .
- She wanted to throw herself into his arms .
- Then he would beat his arms on the ground .
- Louis was the only babe in arms .
- Infants were rent from their mother 's arms .
- The enemy were compelled to lay down their arms ..
- Armed conflict may break out at any moment .
- I put my arm behind me to loosen my pistol .
- Lisa hurled herself into her father's arms .
- She felt his arms close tightly around her .
- the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
- any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
- the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm
- any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting; "he was licensed to carry a weapon"
同義詞：weapon, weapon system,
- a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb
- a division of some larger or more complex organization; "a branch of Congress"; "botany is a branch of biology"; "the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages"
- prepare oneself for a military confrontation; "The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East"; "troops are building up on the Iraqi border"
同義詞：build up, fortify, gird,
- supply with arms; "The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan"