讀音:用"armorial bearings"造句"armorial bearings"怎麼讀
- On one of them , which was a fringed scarf for a dress of ceremony , i saw the armorial bearings of a noble , and the letter e
- The whole history of the second half of the middle ages is written in armorial bearings , - - the first half is in the symbolism of the roman churches
- " really , m . de blacas , i must change your armorial bearings ; i will give you an eagle with outstretched wings , holding in its claws a prey which tries in vain to escape , and bearing this device - tenax .
- All around , there were monuments carved with armorial bearings ; and on this simple slab of slate - as the curious investigator may still discern , and perplex himself with the purport - there appeared the semblance of an engraved escutcheon
- The countries of the union undertake to prohibit the unauthorized use in trade of the state armorial bearings of the other countries of the union , when the use is of such a nature as to be misleading as to the origin of the goods
- About two o clock the following day a calash , drawn by a pair of magnificent english horses , stopped at the door of monte cristo and a person , dressed in a blue coat , with buttons of a similar color , a white waistcoat , over which was displayed a massive gold chain , brown trousers , and a quantity of black hair descending so low over his eyebrows as to leave it doubtful whether it were not artificial so little did its jetty glossiness assimilate with the deep wrinkles stamped on his features - a person , in a word , who , although evidently past fifty , desired to be taken for not more than forty , bent forwards from the carriage door , on the panels of which were emblazoned the armorial bearings of a baron , and directed his groom to inquire at the porter s lodge whether the count of monte cristo resided there , and if he were within
- Mrs bellingham he addressed me in several handwritings with fulsome compliments as a venus in furs and alleged profound pity for my frostbound coachman balmer while in the same breath he expressed himself as envious of his earflaps and fleecy sheepskins and of his fortunate proximity to my person , when standing behind my chair wearing my livery and the armorial bearings of the bellingham escutcheon garnished sable , a buck s head couped or