音標：[ 'bæləns ] 讀音:
過去式:balanced 完成式:balanced 名詞複數:balances 進行式:balancing
- For a long time his fate was in the balance .
- Airlift tipped the balance of the sieges .
- He lunged for it, lost his balance .
- It is our pleasure to submit the balance sheet ...
- I was still balancing the matter in my mind .
- It was a matter of balancing priorities .
- Kindly remit us the balance without delay .
- The skater quickly recovered his balance .
- Adjust scale if necessary so it is balanced .
- I shall see on which side the balance dips .
- a scale for weighing; depends on pull of gravity
- a wheel that regulates the rate of movement in a machine; especially a wheel oscillating against the hairspring of a timepiece to regulate its beat
- a weight that balances another weight
同義詞：counterweight, counterbalance, counterpoise, equalizer, equaliser,
- (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation; exact reflection of form on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane
同義詞：symmetry, symmetricalness, correspondence,
- harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design); "in all perfectly beautiful objects there is found the opposition of one part to another and a reciprocal balance"- John Ruskin
- equality between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
- the difference between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
- something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
同義詞：remainder, residual, residue, residuum, rest,
- equality of distribution
同義詞：equilibrium, equipoise, counterbalance,
- a state of equilibrium
- hold or carry in equilibrium
- compute credits and debits of an account
- bring into balance or equilibrium; "She has to balance work and her domestic duties"; "balance the two weights"
同義詞：equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise,
- be in equilibrium; "He was balancing on one foot"