音標：[ bɔ:l ] 讀音:用"ball"造句"ball"怎麼讀
- This is to announce the ball on the weekend .
- I balled myself into a knot and moaned .
- The ball was to take place on friday night .
- The young ball player will bear watching .
- The batsman smashed the ball up into the air .
- He snatched at the ball but did not catch it .
- He leaped forward and caught the ball .
- The batter knocked the ball out of the park .
- He aimed the ball into the net, but missed .
- He lost the point because the ball was out .
- a pitch that is not in the strike zone; "he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him"
- the game of baseball
- round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games; "the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve"; "the mayor threw out the first ball"; "the ball rolled into the corner pocket"
- a spherical object used as a plaything; "he played with his rubber ball in the bathtub"
- a solid projectile that is shot by a musket; "they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball"
- one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens; "she kicked him in the balls and got away"
同義詞：testis, testicle, orchis, ballock, bollock, nut, egg,
- a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass; "the ball at the base of the thumb"; "he stood on the balls of his feet"
- a lavish dance requiring formal attire
- a compact mass; "a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder"
同義詞：clod, glob, lump, clump, chunk,
- the people assembled at a lavish formal dance; "the ball was already emptying out before the fire alarm sounded"
- an object with a spherical shape; "a ball of fire"
- form into a ball by winding or rolling; "ball wool"