音標：[ bɑ: ] 發音:
過去式:barred 完成式:barred 名詞複數:bars 進行式:barring
- It 's all over bar ( but ) the shouting .
- Poke food through the bars of a cage .
- A iron bar is solid , a pipe is hollow .
- She will be judged at the bar of public opinion .
- Lonand and tom shawn were tending bar .
- Does the bar ice the champagne before serving ?
- The uniform portion of the bar is 60in. long .
- He jumped three inches clear of the bar .
- There was a cleared space around the bar .
- We see that this implies tension in bars 1 and 3 .
- the act of preventing; "there was no bar against leaving"; "money was allocated to study the cause and prevention of influenza"
- a rigid piece of metal or wood; usually used as a fastening or obstruction or weapon; "there were bars in the windows to prevent escape"
- an obstruction (usually metal) placed at the top of a goal; "it was an excellent kick but the ball hit the bar"
- a counter where you can obtain food or drink; "he bought a hot dog and a coke at the bar"
- (law) a railing that encloses the part of the courtroom where the judges and lawyers sit and the case is tried; "spectators were not allowed past the bar"
- a heating element in an electric fire; "an electric fire with three bars"
- a horizontal rod that serves as a support for gymnasts as they perform exercises
- a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter; "he drowned his sorrows in whiskey at the bar"
同義詞：barroom, saloon, ginmill, taproom,
- a block of solid substance (such as soap or wax); "a bar of chocolate"
- a narrow marking of a different color or texture from the background; "a green toad with small black stripes or bars"; "may the Stars and Stripes forever wave"
- musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats; "the orchestra omitted the last twelve bars of the song"
- the body of individuals qualified to practice law in a particular jurisdiction; "he was admitted to the bar in New Jersey"
同義詞：legal profession, legal community,
- a submerged (or partly submerged) ridge in a river or along a shore; "the boat ran aground on a submerged bar in the river"
- (meteorology) a unit of pressure equal to a million dynes per square centimeter; "unfortunately some writers have used bar for one dyne per square centimeter"
- prevent from entering; keep out; "He was barred from membership in the club"
- secure with, or as if with, bars; "He barred the door"
- render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
同義詞：barricade, block, blockade, stop, block off, block up,
- expel, as if by official decree; "he was banished from his own country"
- barとは意味：１bar n.(1) 弁護士業; 法廷; 被告人席.【動詞＋】◆He chose the bar for his profession. 弁護士を職業に選んだ◆give up the bar 弁護士を廃業する.【形容詞 名詞＋】◆practice at the criminal bar 刑事弁護士をしている.【前置詞＋】◆at the bar 公開法廷で be tried at the bar (...