音標：[ bə:n ] 讀音:
過去式:burned 完成式:burned 進行式:burning
- Exposed burns of face are easily affected .
- The burning within his chest subsided .
- The smell was like that of burned matches .
- This may upset the uniformity of burning .
- Then he would sit silent and burning .
- Burn the old paint off before the door .
- They were trapped in the burning hotel .
- It is better to marry than to burn .
- A number of houses were burnt down in the fire .
- Ten people burnt to death in the hotel fire .
- damage inflicted by fire
- a place or area that has been burned (especially on a person''s body)
- an injury caused by exposure to heat or chemicals or radiation
- a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun
同義詞：tan, suntan, sunburn,
- pain that feels hot as if it were on fire
- get a sunburn by overexposure to the sun
- burn with heat, fire, or radiation; "The iron burnt a hole in my dress"
- burn, sear, or freeze (tissue) using a hot iron or electric current or a caustic agent; "The surgeon cauterized the wart"
- undergo combustion; "Maple wood burns well"
- cause to undergo combustion; "burn garbage"; "The car burns only Diesel oil"
- destroy by fire; "They burned the house and his diaries"
同義詞：fire, burn down,
- use up (energy); "burn off calories through vigorous exercise"
同義詞：burn off, burn up,
- create by duplicating data; "cut a disk"; "burn a CD"
- feel strong emotion, especially anger or passion; "She was burning with anger"; "He was burning to try out his new skies"
- cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort; "The sun burned his face"
- feel hot or painful; "My eyes are burning"
- spend (significant amounts of money); "He has money to burn"
- burn at the stake; "Witches were burned in Salem"
- cause to burn or combust; "The sun burned off the fog"; "We combust coal and other fossil fuels"
- shine intensely, as if with heat; "The coals were glowing in the dark"; "The candles were burning"
burning 中文, burnt 中文, burns 中文, burn artist 中文, burning point 中文, burning oil 中文, burnt umber 中文, burnt offering 中文, burnt sienna 中文, burmov 中文, burmuda agreement 中文, burmuda dollar bmd 中文, burmuda triangle 中文, burmudzija 中文, burn (verb) 中文, burn a few songs 中文, burn a hole in his pocket 中文, burn a hole in ones pocket 中文,