音標：[ 'kɔnsentreit ] 讀音:
過去式:concentrated 完成式:concentrated 名詞複數:concentrates 進行式:concentrating
- Troops are concentrating south of the river .
- He wanted to concentrate on a single issue .
- He tried to concentrate on thomson .
- The report concentrated on military matters .
- They would do well to concentrate more on their work .
- Try and concentrate more on your work .
- He could have concentrated on the summit .
- Lynn is now concentrating on finishing the term paper .
- Some concentrate on capital growth .
- Do not put me off when i am trying to concentrate .
- a concentrated example of something; "the concentrate of contemporary despair"
- a concentrated form of a foodstuff; the bulk is reduced by removing water
- the desired mineral that is left after impurities have been removed from mined ore
- cook until very little liquid is left; "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time"
同義詞：reduce, boil down,
- be cooked until very little liquid is left; "The sauce should reduce to one cup"
同義詞：boil down, reduce, decoct,
- make denser, stronger, or purer; "concentrate juice"
- make more concise; "condense the contents of a book into a summary"
- compress or concentrate; "Congress condensed the three-year plan into a six-month plan"
- make central; "The Russian government centralized the distribution of food"
- direct one''s attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
同義詞：focus, center, centre, pore, rivet,
- draw together or meet in one common center; "These groups concentrate in the inner cities"