過去式:countenanced 完成式:countenanced 名詞複數:countenances 進行式:countenancing
- There was joy in his speech and countenance .
- He possesses a mild and benevolent countenance .
- It is her countenance that is so attractive .
- Horror was depicted on every countenance .
- The goddess received her with angry countenance .
- A woman's dress is a part of her countenance .
- Meg tried to keep her countenance .
- I could hardly keep my countenance .
- A good countenance is a letter of recommendation .
- His countenance was sensible .
- the appearance conveyed by a person''s face; "a pleasant countenance"; "a stern visage"
- the human face (`kisser'' and `smiler'' and `mug'' are informal terms for `face'' and `phiz'' is British)
同義詞：physiognomy, phiz, visage, kisser, smiler, mug,
- formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union''s endorsement"
同義詞：sanction, endorsement, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur,
- consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won''t let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
同義詞：permit, allow, let,