音標：[ di'veləpmənt ] 發音:
- The pace of further development is slow .
- The development of the thighs counts heavily .
- They are watching for further developments .
- I was perturbed at such developments .
- Social development is indeed double-edged .
- He dealt with practical military developments .
- Every nation strives after development .
- Other significant development were taking place .
- Development of relations can 't be pressed forcibly .
- The layer spindle was an early development .
- act of improving by expanding or enlarging or refining; "he congratulated them on their development of a plan to meet the emergency"; "they funded research and development"
- the act of making some area of land or water more profitable or productive or useful; "the development of Alaskan resources"; "the exploitation of copper deposits"
- (music) the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) where the major musical themes are developed and elaborated
- a recent event that has some relevance for the present situation; "recent developments in Iraq"; "what a revolting development!"
- a district that has been developed to serve some purpose; "such land is practical for small park developments"
- processing a photosensitive material in order to make an image visible; "the development and printing of his pictures took only two hours"
- a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage); "the development of his ideas took many years"; "the evolution of Greek civilization"; "the slow development of her skill as a writer"
- (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level; "he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
同義詞：growth, growing, maturation, ontogeny, ontogenesis,
- a state in which things are improving; the result of developing (as in the early part of a game of chess); "after he saw the latest development he changed his mind and became a supporter"; "in chess your should take care of your development before moving your queen"
- developmentとは意味：development n. 発達, 発展, 発育; 開発.【動詞＋】◆The hormones accelerate development. ホルモンは発育を促進する◆It will affect the commercial development of the region adversely. それはその地域の商業上の発達に不利な影響を與えるだろう◆aid the material de...