音標：[ iə ]
短語和例子a flea in sb.'s ear 刺耳的話。 A word in your ear. 我跟你私下講句話。 about one's ears (某人)陷于尷尬[麻煩等]處境 (bring the house about one's ears 遭全家反對)。 be all ear 〔口語〕專心傾聽。 be [go out] on one's ears 〔美俚〕發怒；無禮。 bend sb.'s ears 講得使某人厭煩；和某人談要事。 by the ears (動物)相斗；(人)扭打，傾軋；不和 (set the whole neighbourhood by the ears 挑撥離間，使四鄰不和。 fall together by the ears 打起來)。 close [stop] one's ears to 完全不聽。 fall on deaf ears 不被理睬，不受注意。 feel one's ears burning 感覺耳朵發燒(有人背地議論)。 get sb. on his ear 〔美俚〕使某人發火。 give sb. a thick ear 把(某人)打得鼻青臉腫。 give ear to 聽，傾聽。 give one's ears 不惜任何代價(要)。 have a good [poor] ear 聽力好[不好]。 have an [no] ear for music 懂[不懂]音樂。 have [hold, keep] an ear to the ground 注意輿論等的動向，留心可能發生的事情。 have itching ears 愛聽新奇消息、閑話。 have [gain, win] sb.'s ears 得到某人注意。 (go [through]) in at one ear and out at the other 左耳進右耳出，聽了就忘。 kick [throw] sb. out on his ears 突然解雇某人。 lend one's ears to ＝give ear to. over head and ears ＝up to the ears. play [sing] by ear 1. 不看樂譜演奏[歌唱]。 2. 〔口語〕臨時應付事態〔事先沒有計劃〕。 prick up one's ears 豎起耳朵聽。 sleep upon both ears 酣睡。 tickle sb.'s ear 巴結，奉承某人。 turn a deaf ear to 裝聽不見[置若罔聞]。 up to the ears 深陷(債務等)。 Walls have ears. 〔諺語〕隔墻有耳。 (still) ear behind the ears 沒有經驗，缺乏訓練。
短語和例子be in the ear 正在抽穗。 come into ears 抽穗。
- She has the ear of the company's chairman .
- A wisp of hair straggled across her ear .
- The suggestion of his fell upon deaf ears .
- The bullets whistled past his ears .
- Its note would reach deeper than the ear .
- Go on with your story; i am all ears .
- You have been over head and ears in care for him .
- It painfully affects my english ear .
- A distant song was wafted to our ears .
- He had a keen ear for voice of the people .
- the sense organ for hearing and equilibrium
- the externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear
- good hearing; "he had a keen ear"; "a good ear for pitch"
- attention to what is said; "he tried to get her ear"
- fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn