音標：[ in'kauntə ] 讀音:
過去式:encountered 完成式:encountered 名詞複數:encounters 進行式:encountering
- Engineers commonly encounter spray droplets .
- All my life i encounter sacred subjects .
- We encounter only displacements of the first type .
- Our troops encountered only token resistance .
- The pedestrians and animals are likely to encounter .
- Stereoisomerism is encountered in the homologous series .
- She possessed eyes whose gaze i delighted to encounter .
- The first serious encounter was at connor in antrim .
- I came to rely on these encounters with her to a remarkable degree .
- Any object moving through air encounters parasite drag .
- a casual meeting with a person or thing
- a minor short-term fight
同義詞：brush, clash, skirmish,
- a hostile disagreement face-to-face
同義詞：confrontation, showdown, face-off,
- a casual or unexpected convergence; "he still remembers their meeting in Paris"; "there was a brief encounter in the hallway"
- contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle; "Princeton plays Yale this weekend"; "Charlie likes to play Mary"
同義詞：meet, play, take on,
- come together; "I''ll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
同義詞：meet, run into, run across, come across, see,
- come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
同義詞：find, happen, chance, bump,
- be beset by; "The project ran into numerous financial difficulties"
- experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"