音標：[ feis ] 讀音:
過去式:faced 完成式:faced 名詞複數:faces 進行式:facing
- I should be ashamed to show my face in public .
- Say it to his face , not behind his back ..
- The face was strong and fleshy and brutal .
- The pale, delicate face haunted her .
- The captain lay on his face on the hillside .
- Exposed burns of face are easily affected .
- A wooden house sometimes has a brick facing .
- Her face looked vivid and happy。
- None of you had the guts to face that .
- There was in her face a hunted look .
- a vertical surface of a building or cliff
- the side upon which the use of a thing depends (usually the most prominent surface of an object); "he dealt the cards face down"
- the striking or working surface of an implement
- the general outward appearance of something; "the face of the city is changing"
- the feelings expressed on a person''s face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
同義詞：expression, look, aspect, facial expression,
- impudent aggressiveness; "I couldn''t believe her boldness"; "he had the effrontery to question my honesty"
同義詞：boldness, nerve, brass, cheek,
- status in the eyes of others; "he lost face"
- the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear; "he washed his face"; "I wish I had seen the look on his face when he got the news"
- the part of an animal corresponding to the human face
- a specific size and style of type within a type family
同義詞：font, fount, typeface, case,
- a contorted facial expression; "she made a grimace at the prospect"
- a surface forming part of the outside of an object; "he examined all sides of the crystal"; "dew dripped from the face of the leaf"
- a part of a person that is used to refer to a person; "he looked out at a roomful of faces"; "when he returned to work he met many new faces"
- deal with (something unpleasant) head on; "You must confront your problems"; "He faced the terrible consequences of his mistakes"
同義詞：confront, face up,
- present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize; "We confronted him with the evidence"; "He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions"; "An enormous dilemma faces us"
- oppose, as in hostility or a competition; "You must confront your opponent"; "Jackson faced Smith in the boxing ring"; "The two enemies finally confronted each other"
- cover the front or surface of; "The building was faced with beautiful stones"
- line the edge (of a garment) with a different material; "face the lapels of the jacket"
- turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction; "Turn and face your partner now"
- turn so as to expose the face; "face a playing card"
- be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to; "The house looks north"; "My backyard look onto the pond"; "The building faces the park"
- be opposite; "the facing page"; "the two sofas face each other"
- faceとは意味：１face n. 顔, 顔つき; 面; 表面; 局面, 形勢; 面目; 面前.【動詞＋】◆avert one's face 顔をそむける◆bury one's face in a pillow 枕に顔を埋める◆a revolution that would change the face of the earth 世界の形勢を変えるような革命 A nuclear war would change ...