- Put him aside , monsieur gabelle
- And what is the message to the unfortunate gabelle in prison
- Help , gabelle ! help , every one
- Said monsieur gabelle
- He handed in the names of two witnesses : th ophile gabelle , and alexandre manette
- Citizen gabelle was called to confirm it , and did so . citizen gabelle hinted , with infinite delicacy and
- In ming dynasty , the system of the kaizhong of salt was spoke highly of , " kaizhong is the best system of the ming gabelle "
鹽課開中制度在明代是頗受人稱道的， “有明鹽法，莫善于開中” 。
- Nothing but the production of the afflicted gabelle s letter from his prison of the abbaye would have got him on so far
- Lay hands on this stranger if he seeks to lodge in your village to - night , and be sure that his business is honest , gabelle
- Upon those , had followed gabelle s letter : the appeal of an innocent prisoner , in danger of death , to his justice , honour , and good name
The gabelle () was a very unpopular tax on salt in France before 1790. The term gabelle derives from the Italian gabella (a tax), itself from the Arabic qabala.