音標：[ gəu ] 讀音:
過去式:went 完成式:gone 名詞複數:goes 進行式:going
- He's going to put me through law school .
- Do you go to the botanical garden every night ?
- Brooke will go to keep us boys steady .
- Her books have gone off in recent years .
- The masses won't go for bureaucracy .
- His plays have gone down badly in america .
- There is a lot of flu going round at the moment .
- Wasn't he afraid to go there by himself ?
- Nick went all out to win the race .
- I was just going to speak, when the bell rang .
- functioning correctly and ready for action; "all systems are go"
- enter or assume a certain state or condition; "He became annoyed when he heard the bad news"; "It must be getting more serious"; "her face went red with anger"; "She went into ecstasy"; "Get going!"
- follow a certain course; "The inauguration went well"; "how did your interview go?"
- pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
同義詞：die, decease, perish, exit, pass away, expire, pass, kick the bucket, cash in one''s chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it,
- be abolished or discarded; "These ugly billboards have to go!"; "These luxuries all had to go under the Khmer Rouge"
- stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
同義詞：fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, break, break down,
- progress by being changed; "The speech has to go through several more drafts"; "run through your presentation before the meeting"
- give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number; "I plumped for the losing candidates"
- have a turn; make one''s move in a game; "Can I go now?"
- to be spent or finished; "The money had gone after a few days"; "Gas is running low at the gas stations in the Midwest"
同義詞：run low, run short,
- be spent; "All my money went for food and rent"
- go through in search of something; search through someone''s belongings in an unauthorized way; "Who rifled through my desk drawers?"
- perform as expected when applied; "The washing machine won''t go unless it''s plugged in"; "Does this old car still run well?"; "This old radio doesn''t work anymore"
同義詞：function, work, operate, run,
- change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically; "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"; "news travelled fast"
同義詞：travel, move, locomote,
- move away from a place into another direction; "Go away before I start to cry"; "The train departs at noon"
同義詞：go away, depart,
- begin or set in motion; "I start at eight in the morning"; "Ready, set, go!"
同義詞：start, get going,
- make a certain noise or sound; "She went `Mmmmm''"; "The gun went `bang''"
- follow a procedure or take a course; "We should go farther in this matter"; "She went through a lot of trouble"; "go about the world in a certain manner"; "Messages must go through diplomatic channels"
- pass, fare, or elapse; of a certain state of affairs or action; "How is it going?"; "The day went well until I got your call"
- be or continue to be in a certain condition; "The children went hungry that day"
- continue to live through hardship or adversity; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?"
同義詞：survive, last, live, live on, endure, hold up, hold out,
- be awarded; be allotted; "The first prize goes to Mary"; "Her money went on clothes"
- be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired; "This piece won''t fit into the puzzle"
- stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point; "Service runs all the way to Cranbury"; "His knowledge doesn''t go very far"; "My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"; "The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
同義詞：run, pass, lead, extend,
- lead, extend, or afford access; "This door goes to the basement"; "The road runs South"
- blend or harmonize; "This flavor will blend with those in your dish"; "This sofa won''t go with the chairs"
同義詞：blend, blend in,
- be sounded, played, or expressed; "How does this song go again?"
- be contained in; "How many times does 18 go into 54?"
- have a particular form; "the story or argument runs as follows"; "as the saying goes..."
- be ranked or compare; "This violinist is as good as Juilliard-trained violinists go"
- be in the right place or situation; "Where do these books belong?"; "Let''s put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government"; "Where do these books go?"
- a board game for two players who place counters on a grid; the object is to surround and so capture the opponent''s counters
- a usually brief attempt; "he took a crack at it"; "I gave it a whirl"
同義詞：crack, fling, pass, whirl, offer,
- street names for methylenedioxymethamphetamine
同義詞：Adam, ecstasy, XTC, disco biscuit, cristal, X, hug drug,
- a time for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else); "it''s my go"; "a spell of work"
同義詞：spell, tour, turn,