音標：[ gəuld ] 讀音:
- A prodigal who returns is more precious than gold .
- Gold and silver are of a more durable nature .
- She had the sapphire set in a gold ring .
- He gives her a necklace of proof gold .
- I still go on underrating men of gold .
- The panel had a veneer of gold and ivory .
- The ring was only plated ( with gold ) .
- In 1848, gold was discovered in california .
- My gold cigarette case has taken to itself wings .
- Foreign currency and gold reserves were drained .
- a deep yellow color; "an amber light illuminated the room"; "he admired the gold of her hair"
- something likened to the metal in brightness or preciousness or superiority etc.; "the child was as good as gold"; "she has a heart of gold"
- great wealth; "Whilst that for which all virtue now is sold, and almost every vice--almighty gold"--Ben Jonson
- coins made of gold
- a soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element; occurs mainly as nuggets in rocks and alluvial deposits; does not react with most chemicals but is attacked by chlorine and aqua regia
同義詞：Au, atomic number 79,
- having the deep slightly brownish color of gold; "long aureate (or golden) hair"; "a gold carpet"
同義詞：aureate, gilded, gilt, golden,
- made from or covered with gold; "gold coins"; "the gold dome of the Capitol"; "the golden calf"; "gilded icons"