音標：[ 'hæbitæt ] 發音：
- Monkeys live in an arboreal habitat .
- All species of worms in a habitat are considered .
- These include character displacement, habitat selection .
- The dam would also destroy the snail darter's habitat
- Facies of species are often connected with extreme or disturbed habitats .
- Ecodeme refers to a deme occuring within a specified kind of habitat .
- Man would have to assist in the maintenance of species populations by habitat manipulation .
- The photosynthetic responses determine the habitat of p. rubens and p. mariana in the climax forest .
- Many species are in peril of extinction because of our destruction of their natural habitat .
- This will promote gene exchange among colonies of the population in unfavorable years and inferior habitats .
- the type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs; "a marine habitat"; "he felt safe on his home grounds"
A habitat is an ecological or environmental area that is inhabited by a particular species of animal, plant, or other type of organism. It is the natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.