音標：[ lə'bɔrətri, 'læbrətɔ：ri ] 發音：
- A sulphurous smell came from the laboratory .
- A laboratory must be kept in good order .
- Each step can be duplicated in laboratory .
- Laboratory tests show polymorphonuclear leukocytosis .
- Conversely, the universe provides a laboratory .
- They have been transported to the laboratory for analysis .
- He would stay for hours at a stretch in the laboratory .
- New inventions often languish in the laboratory for years .
- A common laboratory source of light is provided by a mercury arc .
- Most laboratory animals are quite insensitive to enterotoxin .
- a workplace for the conduct of scientific research
同義詞：lab, research lab, research laboratory, science lab, science laboratory,
- a region resembling a laboratory inasmuch as it offers opportunities for observation and practice and experimentation; "the new nation is a testing ground for socioeconomic theories"; "Pakistan is a laboratory for studying the use of American troops to combat terrorism"
A laboratory ( or ; informally, lab) is a facility that provides controlled conditions in which scientific research, experiments, and measurement may be performed.