音標：[ lu:z ] 讀音:
過去式:lost 完成式:lost 名詞複數:loses 進行式:losing
- The fibers lose strength and become brittle .
- Do n't lose your temper over such a trifle ..
- They looked everywhere for the lost child .
- When two tigers fight , one is sure to lose ...
- I always lose at cards , with my bad luck .
- His misconduct let in a lost of troubles .
- Sure enough, tremaine lost his job .
- I got into a real flap when i lost my keys .
- Reckless driving may lose you even your life .
- His slowness lost him the chance .
- be set at a disadvantage; "This author really suffers in translation"
- fail to win; "We lost the battle but we won the war"
同義詞：fall back, drop off, fall behind, recede,
- place (something) where one cannot find it again; "I misplaced my eyeglasses"
- suffer the loss of a person through death or removal; "She lost her husband in the war"; "The couple that wanted to adopt the child lost her when the biological parents claimed her"
- fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said"
- allow to go out of sight; "The detective lost the man he was shadowing after he had to stop at a red light"
- miss from one''s possessions; lose sight of; "I''ve lost my glasses again!"
- fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense; "She lost her purse when she left it unattended on her seat"
- fail to get or obtain; "I lost the opportunity to spend a year abroad"
- fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit; "I lost thousands of dollars on that bad investment!"; "The company turned a loss after the first year"
同義詞：turn a loss,