音標：[ lʌv ] 發音：
過去式:loved 完成式:loved 名詞複數:loves 進行式:loving
- I love her all the more because she is poor .
- They asked whether he was crossed in love .
- Helena loved demetrius to distraction .
- I have no feelings of love left in me .
- He refused to make love before they were married .
- Love can turn the cottage into a golden palace .
- I'm not backing out, byron, i love you .
- He would dearly love to see his mother again .
- For her it was enough that she loved him .
- Peter loves juggling with language .
- sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people; "his lovemaking disgusted her"; "he hadn''t had any love in months"; "he has a very complicated love life"
同義詞：sexual love, lovemaking, making love, love life,
- any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for cock fighting";
- a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
同義詞：sexual love, erotic love,
- a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"
- a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
同義詞：beloved, dear, dearest, honey,
- a score of zero in tennis or squash; "it was 40 love"
- have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
同義詞：sleep together, roll in the hay, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk,
- have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
- be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply"
- get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
Love is an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment.Oxford Illustrated American Dictionary (1998) + Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary (2000) Love is also said to be a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection ?"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another".