- 更多例句： 上一頁 下一頁
- He did not need a compass to tell him where south-west was .
- He speaks within compass .
- I knew it all, the whole drab compass of marital disillusion .
- With the aid of a compass the traveler can find his bearings .
- Without a compass , it is easy to lose one 's bearings in the woods .
- navigational instrument for finding directions
- drafting instrument used for drawing circles
- an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"; "a piano has a greater range than the human voice"; "the ambit of municipal legislation"; "within the compass of this article"; "within the scope of an investigation"; "outside the reach of the law"; "in the political orbit of a world power"
同義詞：scope, range, reach, orbit, ambit
- the limit of capability; "within the compass of education"
同義詞：range, reach, grasp
- get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
同義詞：grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, apprehend
- travel around, either by plane or ship; "We compassed the earth"
- bring about; accomplish; "This writer attempts more than his talents can compass"
A compass is a navigational instrument that measures directions in a frame of reference that is stationary relative to the surface of the earth. The frame of reference defines the four cardinal directions (or points) ? north, south, east, and west.