- the ceremonial act of clothing someone in the insignia of an office; the formal promotion of a person to an office or rank
- the act of putting on robes or vestments
- the act of investing; laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit
- outer layer or covering of an organ or part or organism
- the commitment of something other than money (time, energy, or effort) to a project with the expectation of some worthwhile result; "this job calls for the investment of some hard thinking"; "he made an emotional investment in the work"
- money that is invested with an expectation of profit
Investment has different meanings in finance and economics.