[ əd'vɑ:ns ] 發音: 用"advance"造句
- advance a: 卷片方向
- advance in: 改進,進步
- advance on: 朝前進
- Let us join hands and advance together .
- All bookings will be made 3 days in advance .
- They machine-gunned the advancing troops .
- The troops fanned out as they advanced .
- Can i sign up for this course in advance ?
- situated ahead or going before; "an advance party"; "at that time the most advanced outpost was still east of the Rockies"
同義詞：advanced, in advance
- being ahead of time or need; "gave advance warning"; "was beforehand with her report"
- rise in rate or price; "The stock market gained 24 points today"
- develop in a positive way; "He progressed well in school"; "My plants are coming along"; "Plans are shaping up"
同義詞：progress, come on, come along, get on, get along, shape up
- increase or raise; "boost the voltage in an electrical circuit"
- develop further; "We are advancing technology every day"
- bring forward for consideration or acceptance; "advance an argument"
- obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; "The home team was gaining ground"; "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"
同義詞：gain, win, pull ahead, make headway, get ahead, gain ground
- move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on"
同義詞：progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- cause to move forward; "Can you move the car seat forward?"
- move forward; "we have to advance clocks and watches when we travel eastward"
- pay in advance; "Can you advance me some money?"
- give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"; "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"; "I got promoted after many years of hard work"
同義詞：promote, upgrade, kick upstairs, raise, elevate
- contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
同義詞：promote, boost, further, encourage
- the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
同義詞：progress, progression, procession, advancement, forward motion, onward motion
- increase in price or value; "the news caused a general advance on the stock market"
- a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others; "she rejected his advances"
同義詞：overture, approach, feeler
- a change for the better; progress in development
- a movement forward; "he listened for the progress of the troops"
- an amount paid before it is earned