- The anvil onto which the staples are pressed was not assemble correctly .
- This was compared with a block of iron squeezed on an anvil .
- Alternately anvil and hammer, morocco has seen the glories and the foibles of man, his triumphs and degradations .
- Anvils and high pressure cylinders made from cemented carbide
- By placin ' barrels of powder underneath the anvils
- a heavy block of iron or steel on which hot metals are shaped by hammering
- the ossicle between the malleus and the stapes
An anvil is a basic tool, a block with a hard surface on which another object is struck. The block is as massive as is practical, because the higher the inertia of the anvil, the more efficiently it causes the energy of the striking tool to be transferred to the work piece.