- 更多例句： 下一頁
- They have complained to local authorities .
- His voice carries the ring of authority .
- He ignored the existing lines of authority .
- Policemen have authority to arrest lawbreakers .
- These factories are run by the local authorities .
- official permission or approval; "authority for the program was renewed several times"
同義詞：authorization, authorisation, sanction
- the power or right to give orders or make decisions; "he has the authority to issue warrants"; "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"; "a place of potency in the state"
同義詞：authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so
- freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"
同義詞：assurance, self-assurance, confidence, self-confidence, sureness
- an authoritative written work; "this book is the final authority on the life of Milton"
- an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
同義詞：agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office
- an expert whose views are taken as definitive; "he is an authority on corporate law"
- (usually plural) persons who exercise (administrative) control over others; "the authorities have issued a curfew"
The word authority is derived from the Latin word auctoritas, meaning invention, advice, opinion, influence, or command. In English, the word authority can be used to mean power given by the state (in the form of Members of Parliament, Judges, Police Officers, etc.