- blunt: adj. 1.(刀等)鈍，不快的，不 ...
- instrument: n. 1.儀表，儀器 〔cf. to ...
- blunt blunt: 嚇唬別人
- The skull of the man had been broken, as if with a blunt instrument of iron .
- It is a very blunt instrument to use as device to extract economic rents from the exploitation of a resource .
- Her husband, he told her, had been killed by a blow on the back of the head administered with a heavy blunt instrument .
- Analysis on injury by blunt instruments in zhuhai
- Looks like he ' s been hit with a blunt instrument
A blunt instrument is any solid object used as a weapon, which damages its target by applying direct mechanical force, and has no penetrating point or edge, or is wielded so that the point or edge is not the part of the weapon that inflicts the injury. Blunt instruments may be contrasted with edged weapons, which inflict injury by cutting or stabbing, or projectile weapons, where the projectiles, such as bullets or shot, are accelerated to a penetrating speed.