- He fought body and soul for his country .
- His big body towers over the others .
- A brisk massage restores the body 's vigour .
- The officials did not want to release the body .
- Red cells ferry oxygen throughout the body .
- the external structure of a vehicle; "the body of the car was badly rusted"
- a resonating chamber in a musical instrument (as the body of a violin)
- the property of holding together and retaining its shape; "wool has more body than rayon"; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
同義詞：consistency, consistence, eubstance
- the main mass of a thing
- the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being); "he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
同義詞：organic structure, physical structure
- a natural object consisting of a dead animal or person; "they found the body in the lake"
- the body excluding the head and neck and limbs; "they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
- the central message of a communication; "the body of the message was short"
- a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity; "the whole body filed out of the auditorium"; "the student body"; "administrative body"
- a collection of particulars considered as a system; "a body of law"; "a body of doctrine"; "a body of precedents"
- an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects; "heavenly body"
- invest with or as with a body; give body to
With regard to living things, a body is the physical body of an individual. "Body" often is used in connection with appearance, health issues and death.