- 更多例句： 下一頁
- The brakes locked , causing the car to skid .
- The brakes were all too new and responsive .
- I slashed at his brake foot with my left boot .
- He dropped the reins and heaved on the brake .
- I was driving into town when my brakes went .
- a restraint used to slow or stop a vehicle
- anything that slows or hinders a process; "she wan not ready to put the brakes on her life with a marriage"; "new legislation will put the brakes on spending"
- an area thickly overgrown usually with one kind of plant
- large coarse fern often several feet high; essentially weed ferns; cosmopolitan
同義詞：bracken, pasture brake, Pteridium aquilinum
- any of various ferns of the genus Pteris having pinnately compound leaves and including several popular houseplants
- cause to stop by applying the brakes; "brake the car before you go into a curve"
- stop travelling by applying a brake; "We had to brake suddenly when a chicken crossed the road"
A brake is a mechanical device which inhibits motion. The rest of this article is dedicated to various types of vehicular brakes.