- The perichondrium carries the blood supply to the cartilage .
- The cartilage in such areas is almost inextensible .
- Cartilage serves as a supporting framework for softer tissues .
- Cracks will occur in the region of the thyroid cartilage because of deglutition .
- Wash squid . remove the translucent cartilage and tentacles
- tough elastic tissue; mostly converted to bone in adults
Cartilage is a flexible connective tissue found in many areas in the bodies of humans and other animals, including the joints between bones, the rib cage, the ear, the nose, the bronchial tubes and the intervertebral discs. It is not as hard and rigid as bone but is stiffer and less flexible than muscle.