1.城市；市〔英國指設有大教堂的特許市；美國指大于 town 的重要城市〕；都市。
2.〔the city〕 全市，全體市民。
3.〔the C-〕 倫敦商業中心區 (＝the C- of London)。
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- The east possessed most of the large cities .
- We made the circuit of the old city walls .
- The river divides the city into two parts .
- The escaped convict was seized outside the city .
- The fair name of the city would be smirched .
- people living in a large densely populated municipality; "the city voted for Republicans in 1994"
- a large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts; "Ancient Troy was a great city"
同義詞：metropolis, urban center
- an incorporated administrative district established by state charter; "the city raised the tax rate"
A city is a relatively large and permanent settlement.Goodall, B.