- What an unusual combination of flavors !
- We tried it in every conceivable combination .
- It facilitates the combination of the different channels .
- I had a combination of brevity, clarity, and rhythm .
- It will take the same combination to straighten it out .
- the act of combining things to form a new whole
- the act of arranging elements into specified groups without regard to order
- a collection of things that have been combined; an assemblage of separate parts or qualities
- an alliance of people or corporations or countries for a special purpose (formerly to achieve some antisocial end but now for general political or economic purposes)
- a group of people (often temporary) having a common purpose; "they were a winning combination"
- a sequence of numbers or letters that opens a combination lock; "he forgot the combination to the safe"
- a coordinated sequence of chess moves
In mathematics a combination is a way of selecting several things out of a larger group, where (unlike permutations) order does not matter. In smaller cases it is possible to count the number of combinations.