- We might be tempted to think of combustion .
- Fuel gushes into the combustion chamber .
- The smoke formed by their combustion is negligible .
- Oxygen to support combustion is provided from a cylinder .
- Suddenly combustion ceases because of the change in structure .
Combustion () or burning is the sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat and conversion of chemical species. The release of heat can produce light in the form of either glowing or a flame.