- Infrared spectra are exceedingly complex .
- Libraries are great complexes of tiny items .
- They bind to antigen--antibody complexes .
- The synaptonemal complex is protein in nature .
- We learned about the complex motion of the moon .
- a whole structure (as a building) made up of interconnected or related structures
- a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts; "the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town"
- (psychoanalysis) a combination of emotions and impulses that have been rejected from awareness but still influence a person''s behavior
- a compound described in terms of the central atom to which other atoms are bound or coordinated
- complicated in structure; consisting of interconnected parts; "a complex set of variations based on a simple folk melody"; "a complex mass of diverse laws and customs"
A complex is a whole that comprehends a number of intricate parts, especially one with interconnected or mutually related parts; for example, a complex of buildings.