3.【語法】縮略〔如將 never 略成 ne'er, do not 略成 don't 等〕；略體，縮寫〔如 department 縮為 dep't〕。
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- Eventually the star's contraction slows down .
- The word "sib" is a contraction of "sibling" .
- The least unitary looking contraction operator is 0 .
- Wound contraction can produce serious functional impairment .
- Helping verbs may be negative contractions with -n't .
- the act of decreasing (something) in size or volume or quantity or scope
- (physiology) a shortening or tensing of a part or organ (especially of a muscle or muscle fiber)
同義詞：muscular contraction, muscle contraction
- a word formed from two or more words by omitting or combining some sounds; "`won''t'' is a contraction of `will not''"; "`o''clock'' is a contraction of `of the clock''"
- the process or result of becoming smaller or pressed together; "the contraction of a gas on cooling"