[ ˌdefi'niʃən ] 發音: 用"definition"造句
- a definition: 定義
- by definition: 根據/按照定義
- definition of: 經驗的定義，24
- My duties require clearer definition .
- These definitions are the ones we follow today .
- Your new radio certainly has good definition .
- Semitrails and semipaths have analogous definitions .
- This definition disagrees with those definitions .
- clarity of outline; "exercise had given his muscles superior definition"
- a concise explanation of the meaning of a word or phrase or symbol
A definition is a statement that explains the meaning of a term (a word, phrase, or other set of symbols). Depending on the domain of discourse, for example in a translation or a review, a definition serves to set the scene.