- 更多例句： 下一頁
- They contribute to the plant's own demise .
- All this is not to antedate the demise of the empire .
- September 15 may stand as the date of its demise .
- Demise of the crown formerly caused a dissolution of parliament .
- The roots of his demise lay much earlier in the golitsin-nossenko feud .
- the time when something ends; "it was the death of all his plans"; "a dying of old hopes"
- transfer by a lease or by a will
Demise, in its original meaning, is an Anglo-Norman legal term (from French démettre, from Latin dimittere, to send away) for a transfer of an estate, especially by lease. The word has an operative effect in a lease implying a covenant "for quiet enjoyment".