- Let pi be the distinct prime divisors of m .
- There are two distinct regimes of flow .
- These two modulations are quite distinct .
- We came away with the distinct impression .
- His praise is a distinct honor .
- easy to perceive; especially clearly outlined; "a distinct flavor"; "a distinct odor of turpentine"; "a distinct outline"; "the ship appeared as a distinct silhouette"; "distinct fingerprints"
- clearly or sharply defined to the mind; "clear-cut evidence of tampering"; "Claudius was the first to invade Britain with distinct...intentions of conquest"; "trenchant distinctions between right and wrong"
- recognizable; marked; "noticed a distinct improvement"; "at a distinct (or decided) disadvantage"
- (often followed by `from'') not alike; different in nature or quality; "plants of several distinct types"; "the word `nationalism'' is used in at least two distinct senses"; "gold is distinct from iron"; "a tree related to but quite distinct from the European beech"; "management had interests quite distinct from those of their employees"
- constituting a separate entity or part; "a government with three discrete divisions"; "on two distinct occasions"
Two or more things are distinct if no two of them are the same thing. In mathematics, two things are called distinct if they are not equal.