- 更多例句： 下一頁
- An athenian never forsook distress .
- But it was the cold that was the most distressing .
- A suffering animal is a distressing sight .
- Company in distress make the sorrow less .
- She made no attempt to hide her distress .
- the seizure and holding of property as security for payment of a debt or satisfaction of a claim; "Originally distress was a landlord''s remedy against a tenant for unpaid rents or property damage but now the landlord is given a landlord''s lien"
- psychological suffering; "the death of his wife caused him great distress"
- extreme physical pain; "the patient appeared to be in distress"
- a state of adversity (danger or affliction or need); "a ship in distress"; "she was the classic maiden in distress"
- cause mental pain to; "The news of her child''s illness distressed the mother"
- bring into difficulties or distress, especially financial hardship