- We must not run a newspaper behind closed doors .
- Her mother came out of an open door .
- He groped for the door handle in the dark .
- My little cousin, maggie, opened the door .
- He eased out, closing the door quickly .
- a swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle; "he knocked on the door"; "he slammed the door as he left"
- a room that is entered via a door; "his office is the third door down the hall on the left"
- a structure where people live or work (usually ordered along a street or road); "the office next door"; "they live two doors up the street from us"
- the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close; "he stuck his head in the doorway"
同義詞：doorway, room access, threshold
- anything providing a means of access (or escape); "we closed the door to Haitian immigrants"; "education is the door to success"
A door is a movable structure used to open and close an entrance, typically consisting of a panel that swings on hinges or that slides or spins inside a space.