3.〔俚語〕口干的；〔美口〕禁酒的，贊成禁酒的 (opp. wet)。
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- She hung the washing on the line to dry .
- Reptiles possess a scaly, dry skin .
- Some parts of wales are dry on sundays .
- The eggs are dry enough for you, honey ?
- You will wed with dry eyes, anyhow .
- without a mucous or watery discharge; "a dry cough"; "that rare thing in the wintertime; a small child with a dry nose"
- (of liquor) having a low residual sugar content because of decomposition of sugar during fermentation; "a dry white burgundy"; "a dry Bordeaux"
- free from liquid or moisture; lacking natural or normal moisture or depleted of water; or no longer wet; "dry land"; "dry clothes"; "a dry climate"; "dry splintery boards"; "a dry river bed"; "the paint is dry"
- not producing milk; "a dry cow"
- opposed to or prohibiting the production and sale of alcoholic beverages; "the dry vote led by preachers and bootleggers"; "a dry state"
- lacking moisture or volatile components; "dry paint"
- practicing complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages; "he''s been dry for ten years"; "no thank you; I happen to be teetotal"
- lacking warmth or emotional involvement; "a dry greeting"; "a dry reading of the lines"; "a dry critique"
- having a large proportion of strong liquor; "a very dry martini is almost straight gin"
- humorously sarcastic or mocking; "dry humor"; "an ironic remark often conveys an intended meaning obliquely"; "an ironic novel"; "an ironical smile"; "with a wry Scottish wit"
同義詞：ironic, ironical, wry
- (of food) eaten without a spread or sauce or other garnish; "dry toast"; "dry meat"
- having no adornment or coloration; "dry facts"; "rattled off the facts in a dry mechanical manner"
- unproductive especially of the expected results; "a dry run"; "a mind dry of new ideas"
- used of solid substances in contrast with liquid ones; "dry weight"
- lacking interest or stimulation; dull and lifeless; "a dry book"; "a dry lecture filled with trivial details"; "dull and juiceless as only book knowledge can be when it is unrelated to...life"- John Mason Brown
- not shedding tears; "dry sobs"; "with dry eyes"
- remove the moisture from and make dry; "dry clothes"; "dry hair"
- become dry or drier; "The laundry dries in the sun"
- a reformer who opposes the use of intoxicating beverages
Dry or dryness denotes a lack of water. It may also refer to