- We 've spotted the enemy battery position .
- We were all pinned down by enemy fire .
- The enemy were besieged in the blockhouse .
- The surprise attack dismayed the enemy .
- The enemy were compelled to lay down their arms ..
- any hostile group of people; "he viewed lawyers as the real enemy"
- an opposing military force; "the enemy attacked at dawn"
- an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force); "a soldier must be prepared to kill his enemies"
同義詞：foe, foeman, opposition
- a personal enemy; "they had been political foes for years"
An enemy or foe is a relativist term for an entity, whether an individual or a group, that is seen as forcefully adverse or threatening. The concept of an enemy has been observed to be "basic for both individuals and communities".