- His fantasies found extension in reality .
- Extension of the injured arm was painful .
- He has got an extension to finish writing his thesis .
- There are telephone extensions in every office .
- The note supplied a phone number and extension .
- act of expanding in scope; making more widely available; "extension of the program to all in need"
- act of stretching or straightening out a flexed limb
- an educational opportunity provided by colleges and universities to people who are not enrolled as regular students
同義詞：extension service, university extension
- an addition that extends a main building
同義詞：annex, annexe, wing
- an addition to the length of something
- an additional telephone set that is connected to the same telephone line
同義詞：telephone extension, extension phone
- amount or degree or range to which something extends; "the wire has an extension of 50 feet"
- the ability to raise the working leg high in the air; "the dancer was praised for her uncanny extension"; "good extension comes from a combination of training and native ability"
- the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to; "the extension of `satellite of Mars'' is the set containing only Demos and Phobos"
- the spreading of something (a belief or practice) into new regions
- a string of characters beginning with a period and followed by one or more letters; the optional second part of a PC computer filename; "most applications provide extensions for the files they create"; "most BASIC files use the filename extension .BAS"
同義詞：filename extension, file name extension
- a mutually agreed delay in the date set for the completion of a job or payment of a debt; "they applied for an extension of the loan"