- be on fire: 失火/著火/在燃燒; 著火（指狀態）
- be on fire for: 對……很有熱情; 對…充滿熱情/激情 ...
- by fire: 焚毀destroy
- Wherever he camped he made a fire .
- Adventure stories fired his imagination .
- We were all pinned down by enemy fire .
- He built a fire and heated a pan of water .
- Do not stand cans of petrol near the fire .
- the act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy; "hold your fire until you can see the whites of their eyes"; "they retreated in the face of withering enemy fire"
- a fireplace in which a relatively small fire is burning; "they sat by the fire and talked"
- intense adverse criticism; "Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party"; "the government has come under attack"; "don''t give me any flak"
同義詞：attack, flak, flack, blast
- the event of something burning (often destructive); "they lost everything in the fire"
- a severe trial; "he went through fire and damnation"
- feelings of great warmth and intensity; "he spoke with great ardor"
同義詞：ardor, ardour, fervor, fervour, fervency, fervidness
- the process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke; "fire was one of our ancestors'' first discoveries"
- fuel that is burning and is used as a means for cooking; "put the kettle on the fire"; "barbecue over an open fire"
- once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- bake in a kiln so as to harden; "fire pottery"
- destroy by fire; "They burned the house and his diaries"
同義詞：burn, burn down
- cause to go off; "fire a gun"; "fire a bullet"
- go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
同義詞：discharge, go off
- start firing a weapon
- call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
同義詞：arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, raise, provoke
- drive out or away by or as if by fire; "The soldiers were fired"; "Surrender fires the cold skepticism"
- provide with fuel; "Oil fires the furnace"
- terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
同義詞：displace, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate
Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products. Slower oxidative processes like rusting or digestion are not included by this definition.