- He was the forerunner of the resistance .
- Each pretends to be the counterpart of the forerunner .
- These faculae frequently are the forerunners of sunspot formation .
- For the french, such insights established poe as one of the great forerunners of modern literature .
- The introduction of precious metals to pay for goods can be considered the forerunner of the foreign exchange market .
- something that precedes and indicates the approach of something or someone
同義詞：harbinger, predecessor, herald, precursor
- a person who goes before or announces the coming of another
- anything that precedes something similar in time; "phrenology was an antecedent of modern neuroscience"