[ faun'deiʃən ] 發音: 用"foundation"造句
- a foundation: 基金會
- be on the foundation: 由基金會維持的
- the foundation: 決戰玄武門; 玄武門
- The foundation becomes solid after tamping .
- His view is by no means without foundation .
- There is no foundation for the charges .
- The builders poured a solid foundation of cement .
- He laid the foundation of the science of bacteriology .
- the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new; "she looked forward to her initiation as an adult"; "the foundation of a new scientific society"
同義詞：initiation, founding, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration
- lowest support of a structure; "it was built on a base of solid rock"; "he stood at the foot of the tower"
同義詞：base, fundament, foot, groundwork, substructure, understructure
- a woman''s undergarment worn to give shape to the contours of the body
- the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained; "the whole argument rested on a basis of conjecture"
同義詞：basis, base, fundament, groundwork, cornerstone
- education or instruction in the fundamentals of a field of knowledge; "he lacks the foundation necessary for advanced study"; "a good grounding in mathematics"
- an institution supported by an endowment
- the basis on which something is grounded; "there is little foundation for his objections"