(pl. gases )
1.氣，氣體，氣態 〔cf. fluid; solid〕.
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- I can smell gas -- is the oven on ?
- It was only a quantity of hot gas !
- Gases are much less viscous than liquids .
- Electricity and gas rates are not going up .
- Great spurts of gas shoot out of the sun .
- a pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas"
同義詞：accelerator, accelerator pedal, gas pedal, throttle, gun
- a state of excessive gas in the alimentary canal
- the state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by: relatively low density and viscosity; relatively great expansion and contraction with changes in pressure and temperature; the ability to diffuse readily; and the spontaneous tendency to become distributed uniformly throughout any container
- a volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum; used mainly as a fuel in internal-combustion engines
同義詞：gasoline, gasolene, petrol
- a fluid in the gaseous state having neither independent shape nor volume and being able to expand indefinitely
- a fossil fuel in the gaseous state; used for cooking and heating homes
Gas is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being solid, liquid, and plasma). A pure gas may be made up of individual atoms (e.