- A single gene may have many effects .
- It applies to duplicate recessive genes .
- Oligogenic resistance is governed by a few genes .
- Wilhelm johannsen coined the term gene .
- It can be modified by nuclear restorer genes .
A gene is a molecular unit of heredity of a living organism. It is widely accepted by the scientific community as a name given to some stretches of DNA and RNA that code for a polypeptide or for an RNA chain that has a function in the organism, though there still are controversies about what plays the role of the genetic material.